The Zonta Club of Townsville Inc is one of two Zonta Clubs in Townsville. We meet on the First Wednesday of the month for Board Meetings at the The West End Hotel on Ingham Road and third Wednesday of the month for Dinner at Seagulls Resort, Rose Bay. Both meetings are at 6:00pm for 6.30pm start.”
Our Club members support Zonta International Foundation and local service projects. Some of our current local projects are:
- Providing bags of basic household items for Independent Living Kits distributed through Sera’s Womens Shelter;
- Providing buckets of basic household items for Independent Living Kits distributed through Sera’s Womens Shelter;
- Personal Hygiene Items distributed through the Inpatient Youth Mental Health Unit;
- Provision of packs pf personal items such as shampoo, conditioner, soap etc and distributed through the Domestic Violence Resource Centre;
- Making Zonta Breast Cancer Care Cushions constructed and distributed locally with assistance from a beautiful bunch of ladies working from the Queensland Cancer Council Lodge in Warburton St. Monthly workshops are held for this project; and
- Providing signs (A 4)for the back of public or office toilets which list emergency contact phone numbers which women who may be experiencing domestic and family violence can call for assistance and advice.
Products for Sale
The Club also sells products to raise funds for service projects. Contact Bev Kyte email@example.com for further information on any of the following items.
Zonta Says NO Bumper Stickers
Personal Safety Alarms
Printable Labels for Zonta Breast Care Cushions
To find our more about the activities of other clubs in District 22 Click here.