While there are a number of attractive centres in our area, Raby Bay Cleveland is our chosen meeting location. We meet for dinner at 6:00 pm for 6.30 pm on the second Monday of the month at the Raby Bay Harbour village. You are most welcome to join us! Guests and prospective members are requested to contact us for all details.
Zonta WR has a long and strong history. It was officially chartered on 25 September 1981, and we are proud that a number of our charter members maintain regular connection with the club. Our membership is just under 30 fabulous women, so we are one of the larger Queensland clubs. Our demographic includes both younger and more mature members, and we are known as a particularly welcoming and inclusive club.
Each year we host two to three gala charity events, for which tickets are in demand. Many of our members have come to know us first through attendance at our events – and people around Brisbane regularly mark their calendar to save our dates!
Our Club supports a number of local and International initiatives which align with Zonta International’s core values. Projects include:
- promoting awareness of the issues around gender equality, through signage, events and community occasions
- supporting educational programs to raise awareness of respectful relationships – courses are delivered to young men and women students through local high schools in Wynnum and the Redlands
- raising community awareness around issues of Family and Domestic Violence, including support of organisations such as the Maybanke Association and Silky Oaks Family Support Program
- supporting the acute mental health unit at Redland Hospital through the provision of toiletry needs for in-patients
- supporting women going through breast cancer treatment with the provision of specialist breast care cushions
- support ongoing advocacy at the United Nations and the on ground work in developing countries, through our affiliation with Zonta international
A number of events through the year underpin these initiatives, including a charity luncheon, an International Women’s Day dinner in conjunction with the announcement of our YWPA winner and Spring Racing functions held each year in November.
We’d love to meet you and look forward to seeing you at our next event!
For more details about our club, contact the President: Pat Lavelle Phone: 0427 888 958 or by Email