The region surrounding Gladstone is a diverse and fascinating one, with an adventurous outdoor flavour complementing the busy, urban environment. The region includes beachside towns, secluded beaches, and scenic national parks. with Gladstone being a major port city, exporting minerals from central Queensland.
The Zonta Club of Gladstone was formed in 1991 with the official charter date in January, 1992. We are in District 22, Area 2.
The Club meets on the 3rd Tuesday of each month at the Harvey Road Tavern, 1 Harvey Rd, Clinton. We meet in the Clinton Room from 6.00pm for a 6.30pm start, with dinner served at 7pm. If you would like to attend a dinner meeting, please send an e-mail with your contact details. We also welcome all members visiting from other Zonta Clubs.
You are also invited to keep in touch via the Zonta Club Gladstone facebook page.
To find out about the activities of Zonta Clubs throughout our District Click here
What We Do:
We support a variety of international and local projects, providing donations, awards and services that empower women of all ages, help them to improve their status and achieve their aspirations. We are committed to building a better world for women and girls.
- CQUniversity Scholarship and Academic Award
- Young Women in Public Affairs Award
- Living Treasure Award
- Jane M Klausman Women in Business Scholarships
- Amelia Earhart Fellowships
Local Service Projects:
- Providing girls in grade 6 at local schools, with school supplies for High School (Uniforms, shoes, backpack and books). The recipients are chosen by the school staff as those in need of some assistance to continue their education
- Soft Room Project – Providing soft furnishing, toys, and laptops for interview rooms at regional Police stations to make the rooms more welcoming and comfortable
- Practical support – Provision of items for local organisations, such as Roseberry Qld, the Women’s Shelter, and Food Bank
- Supporting various local organisations and programs such as “Puberty Clues” (Women’s Health Center), and the Gladstone Hospital
- Breast Cushion Workshops, supplying free Breast Cushions throughout the region.
International Service Projects:
- Birthing Kit Workshop
- Support Gladstone ‘Days for Girls’ group
- Zonta International Projects
- International Women’s Day event (March)
- Support Domestic and Family Violence month activities (May)
- Support Domestic and Family Violence Remembrance Day (May)
- Support Sexual Violence Awareness month activities (October)
- Support ‘Reclaim the Night’ (October)
- 16 Days of Activism Against Gender-Based Violence Campaign (25th Nov – 10th Dec)
- Orange Breakfast for awareness of the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women
- Monthly fellowship and fun at dinner meetings
- Movie Nights
- Selected Theatre events
- Selected Art Gallery and Museum Exhibition Openings
- Supporting other group’s events
- Christmas Party
- Club Committee Meetings – First week of the month
- Club Board Meetings – Second Tuesday of the month
- Club Dinner Meetings – Third Tuesday of the month
- Area 2 Workshop – Annually in March/April
- District 22 Conference – Every second year (odd numbered years)
- Zonta International Convention – Every second year (even numbered years)