The Zonta Club of Bundaberg Inc was chartered on 24 August 1990 and is one of the most established charity organisations in Bundaberg.
We meet on the FIRST Tuesday of the month at Rowers on the River from 6pm for our monthly Business Dinner Meeting. Attendance at this meeting is by invitation and membership.
The Club Members are dedicated supporters of the goals and ideals of Zonta International.
The Club is a very active force in the Bundaberg Community, contributing by way of service and advocacy projects. Zonta Club of Bundaberg was awarded the Community Group of the Year at the Bundaberg Regional Council’s 2023 Australia Day Awards. Locally we co-ordinate and support:
- The Young Women in Public Affairs award. The Award recognises young women, aged 16-19, who demonstrate superior leadership skills and a commitment to public service and civic causes and encourages them to continue their participation in public and political life. Congratulations to our 2023 winner, Minnara Ramadas.
- The CQU STEPS Program Award in partnership with CQU. The award provides recognition and financial assistance to a first year female Bachelor student residing and studying in the Bundaberg Region. Congratulations to our 2022 CQU Steps Award winners, Ellena Krepski and Jessica Hood.
- The Wide Bay-Bundaberg TAFE Bursary for women undertaking non-traditional female courses of study recognises that women continue to make great strides in the pursuit of education, training and leadership in area they were once denies. The bursary aims to help women pursue tertiary qualifications and overcome gender barriers from the classroom to the workplace. One prize is presented each semester
- In Bundaberg we provide education encouragement bursaries to girls transitioning from Grade 6 in local State Primary schools (South, Walkervale, Bundaberg West, Rosedale, Gin Gin, Thabeban & Burnett Heads to Grade 7 in local State High Schools. These yearly bursaries are presented to the students at year end school presentations with monies paid into their account at their enrolling state high school.
- In 2023 we sponsored the Life Education program at Bundaberg West State School to ensure every child was able to participate in the program at their school. We look forward to supporting a different school next year.
- In 2022 we refurbished a Victim Statement Room (Soft Room) at the Bundaberg Police Station to accommodate the needs of women and children in crisis situations from domestic and family violence. We continue to maintain this space.
- Co-ordinate a local 16 Days of Activism Campaign to End Violence against Women and Girls which runs from 25 November to 10 December each year
- Financial and wellness workshops covering finance, real estate, legal, travel, traditional and complementary therapies, fun activities and much more
- Support ‘EDON House’ a non-government community-based organisation providing specialist domestic and family violence services in Bundaberg and North Burnett Regions
- Support Phoenix House a counselling service for sexual assault victims;
- Production of Community Contact cards which have contact details for all the local community and welfare organisations
- Ongoing Australia-wide projects include making cushions for local breast cancer patients; https://www.bcna.org.au/
- Assembling birthing kits to prevent the deaths of mothers and babies in developing countries; https://www.bkfa.org.au/zonta-clubs/
- Plus, many more ad hoc activities such as supporting other local community organisations in their projects
Just some of our fun fundraising & social activities include:
- A yearly community breakfast to celebrate International Women’s Day
- Movie Premiere Fundraisers
- Community BBQs
- Trivia nights, raffles
- Cent Sale
- Containers for Change collections
- Sales of our Zonta branded items such as orange ribbons, bags, pens
- Online Raffles, Golf Days, Fundraising Walks
- Progressive dinners, cocktail gatherings
Zonta Club of Bundaberg is a group of women who encourage each other, involve each other, support each other, empower each other, educate each other, enjoy each other’s company, and allow each member to do what they can when they can for the great cause of Zonta International.
We would love to see new members join us and bring to the club their thoughts, ideas, and support for the great work that Zonta Bundaberg does on a local, national, and international level! You will be a part of one of 2800 clubs worldwide and over 28,000 members!
Interested in making a difference in the lives of women and girls, locally and internationally?
Members may join Zonta through the following ways:
- By Application: Prospective members may complete the Prospective member Questionnaire Form.
Once the form is completed and submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org , the Club contacts the prospective member to invite you to an information session or arrange a one-on-one meeting.
- By Invitation: Many Zontians directly invite people to attend their club meetings or social events to learn more about becoming a member.
Come and join our Zonta Bundaberg Tribe!
For more information about the Zonta Club of Bundaberg Inc. please send an email or visit