Zonta Club Caloundra City Inc.
Zonta Caloundra City Inc. was chartered on 14th February 1989 and has met continuously since then. At least 5 members have over 20 years of service. General meetings are held on the first Tuesday of the month at 1800 at the Mercure Hotel, Birtinya. The work of the club is guided by a yearly strategic plan.
- President- Pam Hall
- Vice President- Kathy Grudzinskas
- Secretary- Vanessa Ewin
- Treasurer- Marilyn Wayling
- Finance and Fundraising Co Chairs – Lyn Colautti, Dorothy Barnes
- Membership Co Chairs – Mary Henzell, Jill Scott
- Service Co Chairs – Jill Jeays, Bev Barton
- Advocacy Chair- Anne Godfrey
SERVICE PROJECTS AND BURSARIES
These have included:
- RISE Project (Restart in a Safe Environment) and RISE 2-providing safe short term housing for families affected by domestic abuse- commenced with fundraising for the first two properties ($90,000 in 90 days), and now with an expansion throughout the region.
- Breast Cushions– for people post breast cancer surgery- we fund and make these items with over 200 cushions being delivered to the Sunshine Coast University Hospital each year.
- Birthing Kits– supporting women to give birth safely in third world countries
- Mentoring of young people through Z clubs in Sunshine Coast schools
- Diaries to clients at Iluka Centre at Christmas time
- Support for the Better Together Housing project- providing options for single women to meet and discuss potential shared housing
- Fundraising events for International Women’s Day
- Volunteering and awareness raising in the Community – for example the 16 Days of Activism
- Toiletries packs to schools (for students who find themselves in difficult circumstances)
- Shoeboxes of Love to women in rural and remote locations.
Our bursaries have included
- Amelia Earhart Award – to support tertiary study in Science Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
- Equity Bursary for a student at University of the Sunshine Coast
- Joan Ford/Judy Henzell Business Bursary- to support women in tertiary education at the University of the Sunshine Coast.
We welcome enquiries – https://zontadistrict22.org/contact-us/! You will then be contacted by someone from our membership committee. This is followed by an informal meeting with a member of the Board, and you will be invited to attend 2 to 3 Dinner meetings before applying to join, enabling you to see the Club functions and its activities.
Should you decide to apply for membership, an application form must be completed and submitted to the Membership Committee for assessment, then presented to the Board and Members.
All members are assigned to subcommittees and there is an expectation of active involvement and support of club activities.