District 22 JM Klausman Business Scholarship Winner.
Congratulations to Georgia Grayson
(2016) Zonta District 22 (JM Klausman Business Scholarship Winner) and
Zonta Noosa (JM Klausman Bursary) Winner.
- As the winner of the Zonta District 22 (JM Klausman Business Scholarship) Georgia will receive US$1,000 from Zonta International.
- Georgia will be a speaker at the 2017 District 22 Conference along with the Young Women in Public Affairs (YWIPA) Winner and Amelia Earhart Winner.
A little about Georgia…
Georgia is currently studying her Business Degree at the University of the Sunshine Coast (USC) and her major field of study is inclusive of Tourism, Leisure and Event Management.
Georgia may describe herself as an ‘idealist’ but she is realistically mapping a pathway forward. She believes that we can eliminate ‘poverty’ by enhancing and forging connections through tourism and international development.
Her passion for her study and her work as a Research Assistant at USC in both marketing and international development has further sparked her ambitions to undertake an honours degree to study tourism’s potential to alleviate poverty. A very real concept noted by the United Nations.
Further ambitions: Georgia would like to apply for the Rhodes Scholarship which would allow her to study at Oxford University, along with the ultimate ambition to work at the United Nations.
Georgia’s other areas of interest include:
- Competitive Ballroom Dancing (2014 – current)
- Event Manager of the Student Guild’s Orientation Week of Activities (2015)
- Secretary of USC International Relations Society (2015)
- Represented Cambodia at Brisbane Model United Nations (2015)
- President of Social Action: University society which creates on-campus fundraising events (2014-15)
- Team Leader in USC ‘Relay for Life’ (2013).
Congratulations to Georgia, a remarkable young lady and to the Zonta Club of Noosa for promoting, supporting and empowering women to achieve their potential.
To find out more about the J.M. Klausman Award visit: