The Zonta Club of Redcliffe Inc. was formed in May 1980 by Dr. Helen Row from the Zonta Club of Brisbane. It was originally called. the Zonta Club of Redcliffe Area, and included the Shires of Pine Rivers and Caboolture. These shires now have their separate Zonta Clubs.
Redcliffe is a bayside city situated about 30 km. north of Brisbane. Club Meetings are held at the The Komo, on the fourth Monday of each month at 6.00pm for a 6.15pm dinner meeting. Please contact us for your invitation to our meetings: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an advocacy and service club. We work together through a committee system to achieve our goals. In spite of the present high standard of living in some parts of the world there are many needs that are not met by governments. We aim to meet many of these needs in our own community, as well as internationally through Zonta International, particularly in the area of women’s health and education.
Among the numerous individuals and organisations Redcliffe Zonta has helped are:
- QUT: Cervical Cancer Research
- Q.I.M.R.;Breast Cancer Research and Tissue Bank
- Redcliffe Hospital: Wig Program. Our breast cushions are also available at Peninsula Private Hospital in Redcliffe
- Dragon Boat
- DV Hotline information in all council owned public female toilets on the Redcliffe Peninsula
- We partner with community and Government to advocate for women’s empowerment eg. State Government Member, Federal Government Member, Encircle Redcliffe, Moreton Bay Regional Council division 5 and 6 Councillors, Auckland Warriors NRL, Dolphins NRL.
- Projects we have recently completed include a Red Bench at Zonta Place in Clontarf, the Chartering of the first Greater Brisbane Golden Z Club at University of the Sunshine Coast Moreton Bay, Domestic Violence Awareness program of events, including Domestic Violence Awareness month in May and the 16 Days of Activism in November-December.
People join service clubs because of their good citizenship, their ideas, abilities and energies. It is a way of giving something back to the community which helped to educate us. For ourselves membership in Zonta is very rewarding and stimulating.
Conventions are held every two years in different parts of the world. District Conferences and Area meetings are held in our own country. These are opportunities for us to improve leadership skills, meet new people, make new friends, network, and have fun and fellowship along the way.
If you are interested in learning more about Zonta please contact The Club Secretary by email or phone President Jenny 0422 932 337.
For more information about the Zonta Club of Redcliffe Inc visit http://www.zontaredcliffe.org.au