The Zonta Club of Paradise Point Inc, one of two clubs on the Gold Coast, was formed in June 1997. Zonta Paradise Point is dedicated to eradicating violence against women and girls while actively engaged in a multitude of service projects. The club meets on the third Tuesday of each month at Labrador Tigers AFL Sports Club for a 6.30pm meeting including a two course dinner. The club extends a warm welcome to new members.
The Gold Coast is known for its magnificent surfing beaches and is only about a sixty minute drive from Brisbane, the capital of Queensland.
Service and Advocacy
The Club stands in solidarity with the global efforts to eradicate violence against women, actively participating in campaigns such as ‘Zonta Says NO to Violence Against Women’ and the ’16 Days of Activism Against Gender-Based Violence’ spanning from November 25 to December 10.
Projects that have had the support of the Paradise Point club are:
- Majella House
- MacLeod Accommodation Support Service
- Women’s Space at Labrador
- GCUH Emergency Department
- Save the Girls
- Gold Coast Hospital’s Pediatric Surgical Theatre
- Cancer Foundation
- Gold Coast Hospital’s Birthing Unit
- Breast Cancer Comfort cushions
- Birthing Kit Assembly Days
- Gold Coast Centre Against Sexual Violence
- Trinity Disability Support Services
- Headspace – for girls 12-17
In line with our intention to improve the status of women, the club supports the following award programs:
- Jane M. Klausman Women in Business Scholarships
- Amelia Earhart Fellowships
- Women In STEM Scholarship
- Annual Senior School Student Bursary
The club welcomes new members.
If you would like an invitation to one of these dinner meetings, or more information about the club, please get in touch here.