The Zonta Club of Maroochy Inc (formerly the Zonta Club of Nambour) was chartered on 1 May 1994 with 28 members and encompasses the northeast quarter of the Sunshine Coast Council region.
Our Club membership is made up of women from a diverse range of ages, experiences, professions and backgrounds who want to have a meaningful impact on women’s lives whilst enjoying friendship and support of the women who make up Zonta Maroochy.
What We Do
Locally, Zonta Maroochy supports a range of service projects, education awards, and advocacy initiatives all chosen by the vote of Club members and all reflecting Zonta’s mission of empowering women.
- provide financial support to women’s refuges offering crisis care for victims of domestic and family violence
- donate and deliver hampers and personal care packages to the refuges that we support
- make and provide breast cushions and drainbags to local hospitals for women who have undergone breast cancer treatment
- purchase and assemble birthing kits which provide clean birthing conditions and education in clean birthing practices to women who give birth at home in remote regions of the developing world
- award Mature-Age Bursaries to women undertaking tertiary study
- promote the Young Leaders in Service Award to encourage young women to engage in community leadership roles
- support Zonta International’s campaign calling for an end to violence against women
Click here for further information
- participate in walks and activities associated with DV Month, White Ribbon Day and the UN’s 16 Days of Activism Against Gender Based Violence
Internationally, Zonta Maroochy also financially supports major service projects through the Zonta International Foundation. Run in conjunction with United Nations agencies such as UN Women, these specific and monitored projects improve the lives of thousands of women and girls in developing countries.
In order to fulfil our service commitments the Club undertakes various fundraising activities. Some are one-offs and others are tried-and-true events that have become an important part of the Club’s fundraising calendar:
Meetings are held on the third Wednesday of the month (excluding December) at The Rivershore Resort, 99 David Low Way Diddillibah 4559 commencing at 5:30pm for a 6:00pm meeting followed by dinner. From time to time we invite guest speakers to address the meeting on a wide variety of interesting topics.
If you would like to know more about our Club and be invited to attend a Dinner Meeting please send an email.
To find out more about the activities of Zonta Clubs throughout our District Click here.
Are you a Facebook user? Keep up with our news and be part of our community by liking our Facebook page.