About Zonta Club of Hervey Bay
The Zonta Club of Hervey Bay was chartered in December 1990 and is part of the Zonta International District 22 which comprises of five (5) Areas. The Zonta Club of Hervey Bay is part of Area 2. Hervey Bay, a coastal town approximately 290 kilometres from Brisbane, and is considered as the whale watching capital of Australia, with easy access to the WorldHeritage listed K’gari/Fraser Island. hervey-bay 1
Zonta International is a leading global organisation of professionals empowering women worldwide through service and advocacy.
Zonta International envisions a world in which women’s rights are recognised as human rights and every woman is able to achieve her full potential.
In such a world, women have access to all resources and are represented in decision making positions on an equal basis with men.
How we do this
The Zonta Club of Hervey Bay works at the international, district, and local levels to achieve the Zonta objectives through:
- Projects to support young people and women in our community to enter careers for the future
- Support to Hervey Bay community through the assembly and provision of Dignity Bags to women and children in need
- Donations to support various community organisations
- Birthing Kits to assist traditional birth attendants in developing countries
- Fundraising for local and international projects
- Prevention of Violence Against Women and Children
- Awareness raising through the 16 Days of Activism against Gender Based Violence
- International Women’s Day breakfast
- Raising community awareness through events and media
- Partnerships with like minded organisations
- Promoting membership at community events
- Holding social events to support members
- Participating in district forums to increase and support membership
The Club meets on the last Wednesday of each month at 6.30pm either via Phone, Zoom or at the Pandanus Room, Kondari, Elizabeth Street, Urangan Qld 4655. If you would like to contact us to learn more write to us at PO 1035, Hervey Bay, Q., 4655 or 153 Barranjoey Drive, Sunshine Acres, Q., 4655. Alternatively please send an email with your contact details.
For other updates please join our page on Facebook page
For information about other clubs in District 22 Click here.