2017 Zonta Noosa, proud sponsors of bursaries for women at the University of the Sunshine Coast.
The Zonta Club of Noosa, a member of Zonta International proudly sponsors three bursaries for women at the University of the Sunshine Coast.
The three annually sponsored bursaries are:
- Women in Science Bursary, awarded to a female student studying Science with a focus on working toward a sustainable environment.
- Women in Business (Jane M. Klausman) Bursary, awarded to a female student pursuing undergraduate degrees in business management to overcome gender barriers, from the classroom to the boardroom and an
- Indigenous Bursary, awarded to a female student pursuing undergraduate degrees in courses which include a compulsory practicum.
The bursaries assist recipients to continue their studies and thus fulfil their potential.
Zonta Noosa’s June Dinner Meeting was attended by the three successful 2017 bursary recipients.
The three Bursary recipients were presented with their Certificates and cheques after which each addressed the members at the dinner meeting.
- Lilaana Moran was awarded the Women in Science Bursary
- Kate Whittaker the J M Klausmen Women in Business Bursary
- Tracy Hardy the Indigenous Women’s Bursary.
Congratulations to the 2017 bursary recipients who attended the Zonta Club of Noosa June Dinner Meeting where they shared their vision for the future.
(L-R) Lilaana Moran (Women In Science Bursary), Kate Whittaker (Women in Business) and Tracy Hardy (Indigenous Women’s Bursary).
Zonta Noosa Members: Lynda, Carolyn and Helen acknowledging and celebrating with the
2017 Zonta Noosa Bursary Recipients.