Our Zonta club is situated in a beautiful area of Queensland, south-east of Brisbane and along the shores of Moreton Bay.
The Zonta Club of Wynnum Redland Inc was officially chartered on 25 September 1981. Our club today has a membership of 26. We meet at 6.30 pm the second Monday of each month. Please contact us for details of the venue for the monthly meeting.
We support a number of local initiatives which align with Zonta International’s core values. This year our projects have included:
- supporting the “Live your Best Life” and “Girl’s goals” program conducted for young women by the Redlands Centre for Women
- contributing to raising community awareness around issues of Family and Domestic Violence working in concert with WAVSS (Working against Violence Support Services) and through supporting organizations like the Maybanke Association and Silky Oaks Family Support Program
- supporting the acute mental health unit at Redlands Hospital through provisioning of toiletry needs for in-patients
- supporting women going through breast cancer treatment with the provision of specialist breast care cushions
- supporting the involvement of young girls in non-traditional (gender atypical) careers and sports, for example we sponsor the “Wellington Sparks” under -14 girls cricket team who play in the boy’s league, and are doing really well!
- promoting Zonta International through signage at local community organizations such as the Redlands United Football Club
To support these initiatives we run various fund-raising events through the year: this coming year (2017) we’ll be hosting our International Women’s Day dinner on March 2nd; a Fashion Parade in June; a Trivia evening in July; and of course our fabulous Melbourne Cup luncheon on the first Tuesday in November. We’d love to have you join us!!
For further enquiries about our club, please contact our President: Ange Hill by Email
To find out more about the activities of Zonta Clubs throughout our District Click here