The Zonta Club of Paradise Point Inc, the second Zonta Club on the Gold Coast, was formed in June 1997.
The Gold Coast is known for its magnificent surfing beaches and is only about a sixty minute drive from Brisbane, the capital of Queensland.
Service and Advocacy
Projects that have had the support of the Paradise Point club are:
- Majella House
- MacLeod Accommodation Support Service
- Gold Coast Hospital’s Paediatric Surgical Theatre
- Pyjama Foundation
- Vision in Paradise
- Cancer Foundation
- Youth Point Connect
- Amira Project
- Gold Coast Hospital’s Birthing Unit
- Breast Cancer Comfort cushions
- Birthing Kit Assembly Days
- Gold Coast Centre Against Sexual Violence
- Life House Project
- Trinity Disability Support Services
- Beacon Foundation
- Headspace – for girls 12-17
In line with our intention to improve the status of women, the club supports the following award programs:
- Jane M. Klausman Women in Business Scholarships
- Amelia Earhart Fellowships
- Coombabah High School Year 11 Student Bursary
The club welcomes new members. We meet on the third Wednesday of each month at the Runaway Bay Tavern at 6.00 for 6.30pm.
If you would like an invitation to one of these dinner meetings, or more information about the club, please get in touch here.