About Zonta Club of Hervey Bay
The Zonta Club of Hervey Bay was chartered in December 1990 and are part of the Zonta International District 22 which comprises of five (5) Areas. The Zonta Club of Hervey Bay is part of Area 2. Hervey Bay, a coastal town approximately 290 kilometres from Brisbane, and is considered as the whale watching capital of Australia, with easy access to the World Heritage listed Fraser Island. hervey-bay 1
Zonta International is a leading global organisation of professionals empowering women worldwide through service and advocacy.
Conviction, Commitment and Courage.
- To improve the legal, political, economic, educational, health and professional status of women at the global and local level through service and advocacy.
- To work for the advancement of understanding, goodwill and peace through a world fellowship of executives in business and the professions.
- To promote justice and universal respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms.
- To be united internationally to foster high ethical standards, to implement service programs, and to provide mutual support and fellowship for members who serve their communities, their nations, and the world.
How we do this
The Zonta Club of Hervey Bay works at the international, district, and local levels to achieve the Zonta objectives through:
- Wide Bay TAFE Award to Graduating Young Woman
- Nominations and endowments to the Amelia Earhart Fellowships, Jane M Klausman Women in Business Awards and Young Women in Public Affairs Awards
- Breast Care Cushions in support of women after breast surgery
- Birthing Kits to assist traditional birth attendants in developing countries
- Support to Hervey Bay Community Centre
- Prevention of Violence Against Women and Children
- Legislative Awareness and Advocacy
- Support to the Women’s Crisis Centre with donations of emergency toiletries and provisions
- Toys for Salvation Army
- Support for White Ribbon Day
- Improving Conditions for women giving birth in developing countries through the provision of Birthing Kits.
The Club meets on the last Wednesday of each month at 6.30pm at the Hervey Bay Golf Club, Old Maryborough Rd and Tooth st, Pialba Qld 4655. If you would like an invite to a Dinner Meeting please send an email with your contact details.
For information about other clubs in District 22 Click here.