We are a city-based club with a dynamic and interesting cross-section of busy, focused women, committed to the service and advocacy goals of Zonta International. Our members come from a wide range of professions including accountancy, law, engineering, consulting and more. In 2020 we formally changed our name from the Zonta Club of Brisbane Metro Breakfast Inc to the Zonta Club of Brisbane Sunrise Inc.
Contact us: By email
Our Service Projects and Programmes
Club members are involved in fundraising as well as volunteering their time and skills.
Our members organise and run fundraising events throughout the year. These have included:
- trivia nights,
- trash and treasure sales,
- movie nights,
- wine dozens,
- raffles and
- other social events.
One third of the funds raised are directed to Zonta International in support of globally funded projects. The remaining two thirds of funds raised are directed towards our local service projects and the award programmes.
We have donated funds and goods to several local organisations including:
- Womens House Shelta,
- Lady Musgrave Trust,
- DV Connect,
- RBWH Sexual Assault Unit,
- LoveBites (respectful relationships at school programme),
- Womens Legal Service,
- The Salvation Army’s Moonyah Recovery Centre,
- Anglicare’s Home Away from Homeless project,
- Be Uplifted,
- The Best Fit,
- Dressed for Success,
- Bahloo Womens Youth Shelter,
- Carinity Education,
- The Mary MacKillop Foundation’s education programme.
- Members also work with girls at Brisbane Youth Detention Centre, Wacol
- We hold several Sewing Bees throughout the year to sew breast care cushions which we donate to hospitals for post-operative care of patients following breast surgery.
Members attend a monthly Club breakfast meeting as well as being actively involved in one of our three Committees (Advocacy Committee, Membership Committee and Service Committee).
Monthly Club breakfast meetings are held on the first Wednesday of the month between 7am and 8.30am at the United Service Club, Wickham Terrace, Brisbane.
Committees meet on the last Thursday of the month at Brisbane Square Library in the CBD between 6pm and 7pm.
We welcome enquiries from prospective new members.
Want to know more about becoming a member or our fundraising?
Send us an Email
Write to us at: PO Box 15524, City East, Qld 4002